Go sustainable this Christmas
'Tis the silly season and what better way than to ditch the wrapping paper and choose a more sustainable approach! Here are the TOP 5 sustainable gift wrapping ideas, that not only look great but will save you $$$ this Christmas.
1. ACCESSORISED SCRAP PAPERRecycle your own newspapers, magazine pages, or junk mail as gift wrap. This material makes the perfect wrapping for small boxes. Look for sheets with large and colourful images, graphic prints, or old-fashioned black-and-white type. Add a bit of greenery for colour and a festive scent.
2. STAMPS ON KRAFT PAPERStyle your own gift wrap with stamps and coloured ink.
3. RECYCLED CLOTHTry tea towels, cloth napkins, unused hankies or neatly pressed fabric remnants from sewing projects for soft or hard-to-wrap objects.
4. JAM JARSReuse jam jars for items such as jewellery. Cover lids with fabric secured with ribbon or twine.
5. NAME CARDS & GIFT TAGSCut, fold, and punch holes into pages from old calendars or prints to make beautiful gift tags.