Preventing burglaries when absent from residence
Victoria Police have recently identified a rise in the number of residential burglaries involving vacant homes across Wodonga, Towong and Indigo Shires.
Holidays should be a time to relax and celebrate with family and friend.
However, it is still important to be proactive about keeping your home and community safe, especially if you are going away.
Key Crime Prevention Tips;
- APPEARANCES: Make it look like someone is home. Arrange a house-sitter or ask a trusted neighbour for help
- LOCK all doors and windows
- IMPROVE the security of your home
- KEEP chainsaws, gardening equipment and tools locked in sheds and garages
- SECURE valuables by keeping them in a safe place
- REPORT any suspicious behaviour to Police
Burglars will target homes if they think nobody is home.
If you're going away, then register your absence from your residence with Victoria Police in person or via the downloadable form below.
Additional information on Crime Prevention from Victoria Police in the downloads below.